Thursday, January 8, 2009

Grandma Learned her lesson

Well Today I decided to be a good grandma and take Kayla to school all the time for Melanie sense of worry and also for mine. But I blew it. I took her and she was playing with friends and so I decided to leave but school hadn't started yet but she was having fun. So I left and I told her I would come and check to see that she gets on the bus. Well after I left her before school started she went in the back and was playing on the playground and I guess the bell rang and she didn't know what door to go in so she started to cry and one of the parents took her to the office and she got in her class. So when I went to see that she got on the bus she said she wanted to ride with me. Which i didn't care and so she told me her story. Of Course I felt terrible and she told me never to let that happen again. So I felt guilty as all get out so we had 3 of her friends come over after lunch and they played for 3 hrs. So I guess I made up for some of it. Her mom told her if I did it again that I would have to take her to the toy store and buy her 10 toys. So Mckayla is still wanting the toys so she still thinks she ought to get something. She told me tonight that when I take her to school I have to wait until she is in the school. So I made her a promi9se that I would make sure she is inside before I leavel Hard lesson learned but I still feel real bad. Thank heavens she forgave me. Love her to death.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem, I drop the kids off and Morgan walks Robert to the his playground. But I feel guilty not staying with them till they are in the building. One time Morgan walked into a sign and hurt herself pretty bad. I had no idea and just drove away, the school called my cell and I turned around. I sometimes find myself parking to the side and watching till they go inside. It's hard to let them grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made sure I passed this onto Mark so that he doesn't make the same mistake. Luckily K Mo is a strong and resilient little girl who loves and forgives so eaily! Time to shed the guilt, Grandma! You do a great, great job caring for her and everyone else! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Show Me Some Love and Leave A Comment!